- Why won’t God heal amputees?
- Why are there so many starving people in the world?
- Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people?
- Why does the Bible contain so much anti-science nonsence?
- Why was God such a huge proponent of Slavery in the Bible?
- Why do bad things happen to good people?
- Why didn’t any of Jesus miracles leave any evidence behind?
- How do you explain the fact that Jesus never appeared to you?
- Why would Jesus want you to eat his body and drink his blood?
- Why do Christians get divorced at the same rate as non-Christians?
OK, I will try to answer them:
God could heal amputees, cancer, hunger and everything else if he wanted but there is suffering in this world for one reason–SIN. I hate for it to be such a Biblical answer but that is the reason. The good things I get in my life are not because I have done anything good–it is because of God’s Grace.
I have no problem with Jesus not showing himself to me in person. But I have seen Jesus in other people. I’ve seen God in nature and in the way God’s people help those in need. I don’t believe Jesus said to eat his actual body or blood. It is a representation. But I guess those who are deceived will find anything they can to fault God.
The one question I agree with him on is # 10. It is a shame that followers of Jesus can’t keep their marriages together. Again it is because of our sinful hearts that people can’t make their marriages work. We can’t blame God for our our sinful hearts. I think it takes more faith to believe there is no God than to admit that we humans are fallible and need a supreme being to rely on. I’ve never seen God personally but He has radically changed my life and even if there was no heaven (but I know there is) I am a better person for living for Jesus than if I didn’t and lived a life of selfishness.
I have a challenge for those who don’t believe God. Ask God to reveal Himself to you. He is big enough for the challenge are you strong enough to accept that He is real?
What do you think?