Yesterday we talked about “Why Worship?” If you listen to the words I think this sums up what God wants from us …
Have you ever thought about why the church? Why did Christ die for the church? Why does He use the church to be his instrument to reach the world and to help believers grow? Well so did we. I often like to dissect and discover how things work and why they work the way they do. So the next message series we are starting this Sunday is:
Are you ready for the Adventure?
Here are the topics for the next 7 weeks:
• Why Church?
• Why Evangelism?
• Why Worship?
• Why Membership?
• Why Discipleship?
• Why Ministry?
• Why Missions?
Any input you have would be appreciated? What makes up a church? Who is the church? What reasons do you believe Jesus uses the church to transform the world?
Thanks in advance.
Comments : 4 Comments »
Categories : Christian, church, evangelism, faith, ministry, missional, missions, religion, worship
Here are a few pictures of me (yellow shirt) and Mike Landrum (our new Next Gen Pastor) leading worship at our Dwelling Place 843 Service. We were un-plugged today because the entire band couldn’t be there.
Maybe next week I will pull out the Fender Stat.
Comments : 8 Comments »
Categories : church, music, worship
I am a passionate person. I am a High “D” personality and very outgoing. I love life and look for every opportunity to experience it! I have several passions in my life.
- My first passion is God! I love God with all my heart, soul and mind. I don’t say this to sound arrogant because I fail Him daily. But I became a vocational minister so I could spend my life reaching people for Jesus.
- I am passionate about my family. I would do anything to protect them. Nothing except my personal relationship with God will come before them.
- I am passionate about “seekers”, “lost”, “atheists” “un-churched” or whatever you want to call people who don’t have a relationship with Jesus. I am passionate for them to be saved. Saved from what? Hell! I don’t want anyone to spend eternity away from God.
- I am passionate about discipleship. I want to see people grow in their faith.
- I am passionate about prayer. It has changed my life and allows me to connect with God.
- I am passionate about worship. I don’t mean a service. I mean a way of life. I want to worship God with everything I do.
- I am passionate about leadership. That is why I read so many books, listen to CD’s and go to conferences. Everything rises and falls on leadership (HT: John Maxwell). I have asked some well known people to help me. Some have and are others don’t have time. I have learned a lot about this. I want to be there to help future leaders-in my church and nationally.
- I am passionate about the church. I believe the local church is “the bride of Christ” and He died for the church. If the church meant that much to God, it should matter to us!
- I am passionate about hypocrisy. Why? Because I have struggled with legalism my entire life. I didn’t get this from my parents. They are some of the most graceful people in the world as is my wife! I don’t know where I got it. I think it was spiritual pride. You can read about my struggles here.
I guess that is why I hate hypocrisy, because I was/am a hypocrite! Pride is easy to creep in. It was the downfall of man. Satan was kicked out of Heaven because of Pride. The Pharisees were proud people. I am like a recovering alcoholic or smoker. They can’t stand to be around alcohol or cigarettes because of their past addictions. I am the same when it comes to legalism. I can’t stand to be around “legalism.” It destroys lives! It destroys churches and it has/will destroy denominations. I hope that helps you understand the rationale behind this site.
Comments : 11 Comments »
Categories : church, discipleship, evangelism, faith, Hypocrisy, leadership, prayer, religion, worship